Business and Marketing Honor SocietyBusiness Marketing Honor Society Pledge
I pledge to uphold the high purposes of the Business Marketing Honor Society to which I have been selected, and will maintain and encourage the high standards of scholarship, character, leadership and service.
The primary purpose of the Business and Marketing Honor Society of New York State is to recognize those students who have demonstrated outstanding achievement in a secondary business/marketing program.
- Students must be currently enrolled in business/marketing (fall and/or spring)
- Seniors: Must complete 3 units in business/marketing by the end of the current school year
- Sophomores/Juniors: Must complete 2 units in business/marketing by the end of the current school year (student should be planning to continue for at least one additional credit prior to graduation)
- GPA Business/Marketing Courses 88% or B+ (3.5)
- GPA Overall 80% or B (3.0)
Students selected for recognition will have also demonstrated both in the classroom and through extracurricular involvement:
- Character (evidenced by teachers attesting to this quality)
- Leadership (evidenced by committee chair positions, officer/chair or other lead positions in student organizations, civic/community leadership roles, etc.)
- Service (evidenced by volunteer activities in the school and/or community, etc.)
Application and Recognition Process
- Students complete a BMHS application and submit it to their local school business/marketing department. Students may initiate the process or the department may solicit applications from worthy candidates.
- Local school department verifies eligibility and selects students. School requests appropriate quantity of certificates from BTANYS at the address below (please allow 3 weeks for delivery).
- Local business/marketing department completes certificates and prepares and sends a congratulatory letter to each student with an additional copy to the school guidance department
- To view a sample eligibility letter, please click here. Thank you to Ida Marra and the Webster Thomas High School Business Department for sharing their letter.
- To view a sample acceptance letter, please click here. Again, thank you to Ida Marra and the Webster Thomas High School Business Department for sharing their letter.
- To view a sample induction program, please click here. Thank you to Julie Keenan and the Maine-Endwell High School Business Department for sharing their program (modeled after the Webster Thomas High School's Business Department induction program).
Prices and Order Information are included in the order forms below.
Enclose check payable to BTANYS and mail to:BTANYS
C/O Ida Marra
994 John Leo Drive
Webster, NY 14580