Business and Marketing Honor Society of New York State
The primary purpose of the Business and Marketing Honor Society of New York State is to recognize those students who have demonstrated outstanding achievement in a secondary business/marketing program.
- Students must be currently enrolled in business/marketing (fall and/or spring)
- Seniors: Must complete 3 units in business/marketing by the end of the current school year
- Sophomores/Juniors: Must complete 2 units in business/marketing by the end of the current school year (student should be planning to continue for at least one additional credit prior to graduation)
- GPA Business/Marketing Courses 88% or B+ (3.5)
- GPA Overall 80% or B (3.0)
Students selected for recognition will have also demonstrated both in the classroom and through extracurricular involvement:
- Character (evidenced by teachers attesting to this quality)
- Leadership (evidenced by committee chair positions, officer/chair or other lead positions in student organizations, civic/community leadership roles, etc.)
- Service (evidenced by volunteer activities in the school and/or community, etc.)
Application and Recognition Process
- Students complete an application (template available on the Business Teachers Association of New York State website – btanys.org) and submit it to their local school business/marketing department. Students may initiate the process or the department may solicit applications from worthy candidates.
- Local school department verifies eligibility and selects students.
- School requests appropriate quantity of certificates from BTANYS at the address below (please allow 3 weeks for delivery). Enclose check ($.50 per certificate) payable to BTANYS and mail to:
|Adirondack High School
|8181 State Route 294
|Boonville , NY 13309
- Local business/marketing department completes certificates and prepares and sends a congratulatory letter to each student with an additional copy to the school guidance department.
Sample Honor Society Application