* Students must be currently enrolled in at least one business education (fall and/or spring) course
* Seniors: Must complete 3 units in Business Education by the end of the current school year
* Sophomores/Juniors: Must complete 2 units in Business Education by the end of the current school year and should be planning to enroll in at least one additional unit prior to graduation.
In Business Education courses: Minimum of 88 percent or B+ or 3.5 GPA
Overall: 80 percent or B or 3.0 GPA
ADDITIONAL CRITERIA MIGHT INCLUDE
Students demonstrating exemplary Character, Leadership, and Service in the classroom as well as in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities
The process might be initiated by the Student with an application OR by the Business Education Department with an application or recommendation process. Business and Marketing Honor Society members might be required to provide service to the community, co-curricular, or extra-curricular activities to maintain membership in the Business and Marketing Honor Society of New York State.
* School’s Business Education Department verifies eligibility and selects students.
* School requests Business and Marketing Honor Society of New York State certificates, pins, membership cards and/or seals from BTANYS using the Order Form.
* School’s Business Education Department completes certificates and membership cards.
* School’s Business Education Department is encouraged to hold a Business and Marketing Honor Society Induction independent of or in conjunction with other student honor societies.
* School’s Business Education Department may also wish to prepare a congratulatory letter to each student. A copy might be provided to the student’s school counselor for inclusion in student’s permanent file. Click here to view a sample Congratulatory Letter.
NEW BUSINESS AND MARKETING HONOR SOCIETY PLEDGE
I pledge to uphold the high purpose of the Business and Marketing Honor Society of New York State to which I have been selected. I will maintain and encourage the high standards of scholarship, character, leadership, and service which embody the characteristics of a business leader.
LINK TO ORDER FORM
LINK TO CONGRATULATORY LETTER
Business Teachers Association of New York State
c/o Marsha Iverson
277 Gold Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Additional Questions: Please either email Marsha Iverson or call at 516.606.7016